FAQs on Banking


You can find out details of your FAS entitlement by logging in to the FAS member website and looking at your benefit statement.

Register now to access your benefit statement. 

The quickest and easiest way to change your bank details is online using our member website. If you've not yet created an account, please register now.

You can also change your bank details by calling us on 0330 678 0000 or +44 (0)208 406 2121 if you are overseas.

Changes in bank details can't always be done immediately, so please give us at least 14 days' notice before your next payment due date. Monthly payments are made in arrears on the 21st of each month.

If you have an older account that comes with either a bank reference number or a roll number it could be a building society account. If you're unsure, please check with your bank or building society and they will confirm this for you. Please check this before changing your payment details on this site.

We'll produce a P60 for you online at the end of each tax year. P60s are available to view and download via the 'My Payments' dropdown menu. You can also print them or export them to PDF via the print option.

If you're unable to register and log in to this website to download your P60, please contact us.

You can find copies of all your P60s on the member website.

You can also request a copy of your P60 by calling us on 0330 678 0000 or +44 (0)208 406 2121 if you are overseas. 

You will not pay National Insurance on your FAS Assistance. But FAS Assistance payments are regarded as earned income, which means you have to pay tax on your payments.

HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) will take into account all taxable income you receive, including your state pension, other earnings and bank interest if applicable before issuing you with a tax code. If you have any questions about your tax, please contact HM Revenue & Customs using the details below and quoting reference "406/JA34863".

Pay As You Earn and Self Assessment
HM Revenue and Customs
United Kingdom

Phone: 0300 200 0300

If the bank change has not taken place through the Switch Service and your old account has been closed, it is likely that your old bank will return your payment to us and we will hold the payment for you. In these circumstances, please contact us.

If you have made your bank account change through the Current Account Switch Service, your bank will redirect your payments to your new account automatically. Either your old or new bank should be able to advise whether the switch has occurred through the Switch Service if you are not sure.

There are two ways to do this:

  • If your relative holds a lasting or enduring Power of Attorney, please send us a copy of the legal document so that we can note this in our records. Once we've seen this, we’ll be able to discuss your FAS payments with them.
  • Alternatively, you can write to us with details of the person you’re happy for us to share information with. You will also need to tell us what information you’re happy for us to share with them.

Yes, we can pay your FAS Assistance Payment to an overseas bank account.

We pay FAS Assistance Payments in pounds sterling to our overseas payment provider. We do not charge for overseas payments, but our overseas payment provider does reduce the exchange rate by a small margin for overseas currencies.

You'll also need to discuss this with your overseas bank to see if they will make any additional charges. If you’ve chosen to receive your payments in another currency please bear in mind that the exchange rate may go up or down.

You will be logged out in due to inactivity, do you want to stay logged in?