FAQs on Complaints


If you’re unsure or unhappy about any of your dealings with us, please let us know as soon as you can. This allows us to solve problems quickly and stops similar issues arising in the future. Please call us on 0330 678 0000 or +44 (0)208 406 2121 if you're overseas, or email us at [email protected].

If you make a complaint, a Resolutions Case Handler will investigate and respond to your complaint.  You can find more information in our 'Resolving complaints the right way' leaflet.

We make formal decisions about whether someone can receive assistance payments, the amount they’re entitled to receive and other matters. If you don’t agree with the amount of assistance you’re entitled to, or a decision we’ve made about your entitlement, then please get in touch with us and we can conduct a statutory review.

Send us a letter:

Resolutions Team

Pension Protection Fund

PO Box 287


NR18 8EZ

Give us a call:

0330 678 0000

Email us:

[email protected]

For more information please read our 'Resolving complaints in the right way' booklet.

We'll aim to respond to your complaint within ten working days, but we’ll send an acknowledgement within five working days. If we need longer than ten days to respond or require more information, we‘ll let you know within this timescale

We acknowledge that you may have concerns about your overpayment and having to pay this money back could cause you financial difficulties. If you think this is the case, you must get in touch with us as soon as possible to talk about the options available to you.

If you aren't satisfied with the response to your complaint, you can ask for your complaint to be escalated to stage two, where it will be looked at by our Senior Resolutions Panel. More information can be found in our 'Resolving complaints in the right way' booklet.